Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Raising a child / Parental involvement is overrated

As I was reading the article "Raising a moral child" i was thinking to myself, well obviously everyone wants their child to be a good and moral child right? Well than you have to be a moral parent because most likely that child will pick up on the things that they people who they are surrounded by do. Most parents should realize that they are more influential to their child's life than they think, especially at a younger age. You can raise your child right but once they are surrounded by different people with different morals and different characters, that's when things are out of your hands because your child can be surrounded by bad influences.

Then i read "Parental involvement is overrated" and i thought that those articles somewhat contradicted each other. First of all let me say that I believe that the more involved the parent is in their child's life, they better they child will do.If my mom wouldn't care about my future and my grades i feel like that would probably discourage me from wanting to do my best. So, how are you supposed to raise a moral child but not be involved? Honestly, this just had me stuck. Unless i didn't understand the articles because i had that question as my focus thoroughout the entire reading

No comments:

Post a Comment